Revelation 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space
1. Fallen Egypt
2. Fallen Assyria
3. Fallen Babylon
4. Fallen Persia
5. Fallen Grecia
6. ‘One is’ Rome
7. Ten Toes = Ten Kings Tribulation government last a short time
Revelation 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
- The beast that was = Satan had a government before he was cast into the bottomless pit.
- The Beast that is not = Satan’s government was taken away when Jesus returned then Satan was imprisoned for 1000 years.
- Beast is the eighth = After the 1000 years are over Satan will be set free and will gather a new army.
- Beast was of the seventh = Satan was the seventh government from the great tribulation before he was cast into the pit.
- Beast will go into perdition = After the 1000 years are over God will set Satan free from his prison. And then Satan will gather a new army. Afterward, God destroys Satan (et al. perdition means total destruction)
Revelation 17: 8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
- The beast, Satan, he was on earth
- Then the beast was not because Satan was chained in prison
- The beast will be set free from the bottomless pit after the 1000 years are finished to roam the earth one last time. Satan will eventually be thrown into the lake of fire and destroyed.
- Many followers of Satan will be amazed and they will join Satan’s army and the number of them is as the sands of the sea.
Satan’s Eighth Kingdom
Revelation 20:7-10 7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Revelation17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
- Now you can understand why God said. “this calls for wisdom”
- Satan’s seventh government was during the great tribulation.
- Then he was cast into the bottomless pit. Satan government was taken away
- Satan revived his government and it is his eighth
- As you can see, Satan is the eight and is from the seventh
- Satan goes into perdition. Finally he is destroyed