These are the events that will lead up to the Great Tribulation
Events of the Great Tribulation
- Before the tribulation begins there will be a war between the Ram and the Goat Daniel Chapter 8
- The Ram comes from ( Middle Eastern nations)
- The Goat is of the (Western nations) The Goat will be the victor of the war
- The Goat will set up a temporary government out of the destroyed nations until a treaty is settled
- The temporary government is the horn between the eyes of the Goat (the first king)
- The first king will divide the land into four nations
- Out of one of the nations little horn comes to power ( little horn is the Antichrist)
- Little horn will eventually overpower the other three nations
- Little horn comes to power as a great military man.
- Little horn with the help of Satan’s supernatural powers will deceive the world into believing he is the Jewish Messiah.
- A new covenant will be made between Israel and little horn
- After a few days, little horn will break the covenant and demand Israel worship him and his image of the beast he placed in the temple
- This will be an abomination to Israel
- The two witnesses arrive announcing the trumpet plagues on the earth
- Many people in Israel will refuse to worship the image, then little horn will have them killed
- Others will be able to escape they will run into the mountains to hide
- God will protect them in the wilderness until tribulation is finished
- Little horn will then hunt the Christians down
- Christians out of fear will leave their faith to follow little horn this will be a large falling away from the church
- 144,000 chosen by God will instruct and strengthen many people
- Christians who keep their faith will be beheaded.Then the end comes
Trumpets in the Bible are used by the priest to warn people they need to repent. In the book of Revelations, the trumpets are also used to announce coming plagues to the earth.
The First Trumpet
When The Two Witnesses come on the scene they will announce to the world they have the power to withhold rain for 3 1/2 years and if you notice the first trumpet is a warning about a severe drought upon the earth that kills all the green grass and 1/3 of the trees on earth.
Revelation 8:7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up
The second Trumpet
In John’s day, the word ‘volcano’ didn’t exist. They called this event a ‘burning mountain.’ the second trumpet is telling us the volcano will fall into the sea causing a large tsunami with rocks and mud racing toward the land killing all sea life in its path and destroying ships.
Revelation 8: 8-9 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
The Third Trumpet
This massive eruption will spew out fire, ash, rocks for many months and a third of rivers, lakes will be unfit to drink people and animals will die from drinking the poisoned water. There will be a worldwide water crisis.
Revelation 8:10-11 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.
The Fourth Trumpet
When Krakatoa erupted in 1883 the sun and the moon were covered with a thick dark cloud and for over three years people reported the sunsets looked like blood. Now the scripture below makes total sense.
Revelation 8:12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise
You can read below about what the people went through during the volcano eruption of Mount Tambora and Krakatoa
Back in the year 1816, Mount Tambora volcanic eruption happened on the island Sumbawa Indonesia this caused ‘THE SUMMER THAT NEVER WAS’ Tambora’s eruption was the largest volcano eruption (VEI) of 7 since Hatepe eruption in AD 180. Tambora caused a three year period of severe climate deterioration of a global scale. People also gave this disaster other names like ‘1816 we froze to death’ June and July of 1816 received lots of frost and snow, temperatures went from 90 degrees Fahrenheit to below zero in one day. The frost killed all the crops there was a severe famine all over the world Europe was hit the hardest. In the spring and summer of 1816, a persistent “dry fog” was observed in parts of the eastern U.S.Neither wind nor rainfall dispersed the “fog”.
Cool temperatures and heavy rains resulted in failed harvests in Britain and Ireland. Families in Wales traveled long distances as refugees, begging for food. Famine in Ireland was the failure of wheat, oats, and potato harvests. In Germany, food prices rose sharply people demonstrated in front of grain markets and bakeries, and later riots, arson, and looting took place in many European cities. It was the worst famine of 19th-century Europe
In China, the cold weather killed trees, rice crops, and animals. Mount Tambora’s eruption disrupted China’s monsoon season, resulting in overwhelming floods. In India, the delayed summer monsoon caused late torrential rains that aggravated the spread of cholera as far as Moscow.
Krakatoa volcanic eruption in 1883 was the most studied eruption and making it the most well known. When Krakatoa erupted the noise was so loud it was heard as far as 2800 miles away. There was so much ash they said the amount of ash could cover Manhattan 200 feet deep. It spawned massive tsunamis, starvation, disease. The volcanic debris from Krakatoa’s eruption caused blood red sunsets around the world even up to three years afterward many wrote the sky was the reflection of a great fire.”
(which is Indonesian for “Child of Krakatoa”). there is little doubt that if Krakatoa were to erupt again with such force and fury, the impact would be far more devastating than that which was experienced in the 19th century.
Luke 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring.
Revelation 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
- The beast that was = Satan had a government before he was cast into the bottomless pit.
- The Beast that is not = Satan’s government was taken away when Jesus returned then Satan was imprisoned for 1000 years.
- Beast is the eighth = After the 1000 years are over Satan will be set free and will gather a new army.
- Beast was of the seventh = Satan was the seventh government from the great tribulation before he was cast into the pit.
- Beast will go into perdition = After the 1000 years are over God will set Satan free from his prison. And then Satan will gather a new army. Afterward, God destroys Satan (et al. perdition means total destruction)
All Eight of Satan’s Kingdoms
- Fallen Egypt
- Fallen Assyria
- Fallen Babylon
- Fallen Persia
- Fallen Greece
- Roman Empire
- Ten toes, Tribulation Kingdom
- Satan set free from prison after the 1000 years are over and he will rebuild his last kingdom (8th is from his 7th)